Tuesday 17 May 2016

Fairy Godmothers and Zips


This tree fabric was a remnant, a gift from a dear old lady who swaps fabrics with me and gives me zips because she doesn't like sewing them. Her tidy house hides her stash of items given to her by various people across the years. Every now and then, she pops into my work to give me little bits and pieces, and when I get a decent lot of the right sort of fabric for her projects, I take those to her.

Before she started bringing me zips, I already had a fair stock of zips bought from here and there, among which was this lime green job. The photo on the right doesn't show the true colour - it's actually a perfect match for the green on the trees. The black zip in the left photo I actually had to go and buy, despite my stash. I did manage to find one at the op shop, though, so no real hassle. I incorporated lime green into the lining of the pockets and a thin trim of it shows around that black zip.

The bag on the right has been sold, but the left one is still up for grabs. It has inside slip pockets (lime green), a secreted metal loop for hooking on keys, a decent sized outer zip pocket and a sturdy strap.

4 comments:

  1. I really like these bags. That's a great piece of fabric :) I'd wear that as a dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a bit too stiff for dress fabric. It's a furnishing fabric, the type for cushions. Moot point anyway - there's none left! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete